Apeks DS4 1st Stage is the first choice for divers who don't want be restricted by their equipment. As the diver descends the demand for air increases. To maintain the supply at all depths, the intermediate pressure increases relative to the water depth. In this dry-sealed system hydrostatic pressure, acting on the outer sealing diaphragm, is transmitted to the primary diaphragm via the load transmitter.
This high-quality Apeks first stage utilizes a unique over-tracking (over-balanced) diaphragm design, where the intermediate pressure supplied to the second stage increases more than traditional balanced models, as the diver descends to greater depths. The result is superior breathing performance regardless of depth.
- Features unique over-balanced diaphragm design
- DS4 first stage is available in 300B/4260PSI DIN.
- Dry-sealed system for cold water prevents ice buildup
- 4 medium pressure ports 3/8 UNF
- 1 high pressure port 7/16 UNF